Mothers do not have a lot of time to explore the business market, however, there are numerous opportunities waiting to be tapped into. Most of these opportunities do not even require a lot of capital to start up or commitment. Check out these 15 side hustle ideas for moms…
Lucrative Side Business Ideas
1. Blogger- What is your passion? It could be fashion, music, hair, culture, politics, traveling, animal rights, and even nature. There are many topics to choose from. It would be in your best interest to settle for a topic that you are passionate about. This will help you maintain your drive as you go about it. This is the opportune time to take up something like blogging as a part-time. If all goes well and many people subscribe to your blog, it will definitely open doors to more lucrative options.
2. Virtual assistant- Just as the name suggests, you are able to offer your services and complete them in the comfort of your home. Services such as social media management and email communications are amazingly easy ways to get first clients. In addition to this, you will not incur any costs on your end since you will perform your services using the available electronics.
3. Tutor- Are you an expert in a particular field of study? You could use your knowledge to aid others by tutoring them for tests. Alternatively, you could offer online tutoring services to foreigners with language classes. There are a lot of online opportunities for tutoring, that do not require you to leave the house!
4. YouTube Personality- You could work with various brands and become their social media ambassador. It does not have to be a big brand. You could start out small as an ambassador for your friend’s endeavors. You can also accept ads on your videos, so you get paid whenever someone watches your videos.
5. Social media consultant, influencer, or manager- All these are amazing options to starting a side business. A social media consultant provides brands with different ideas on how they should market themselves in social media. They provide advice on how the brand approach will affect their following. A social media influencer uses their social media presence to market various brands. This will only work if you have a large social media following in the platforms. A social media manager manages the accounts of brands, firms, and businesses on their behalf. This job requires a lot of background knowledge on what these businesses offer.
6. Babysitting and pet sitting- During the holidays when most families take trips, they tend to leave their pets with able friends and family who could take care of them while they are away. As a pet sitter, you will need some basic information on how to handle the pet and meets its feeding needs. You will have to be really responsible and committed. This job is not as easy as it sounds, it is quite fulfilling. The same applies to babysitting. Make sure you are very reliable and responsible for this job.
7. Dog walker and groomer- If you live in a close-knit neighborhood, take advantage of this by communicating with your neighbors who have pets. Hand out flyers about your services. You could mix this up with pet grooming. You will need to know and purchase the appropriate materials and chemicals for grooming dogs. This will be very lucrative if you live in an area that has pet owners who lack the time to cater to the needs of their pets appropriately.
8. Inventor- Do not sell yourself short by restricting your brain to the already available inventions. If you have a niche for science or technology, sit down and create your own inventions. It could be an application or a device. Once your products are set to join the product or application market, you could personally market and sell them.
9. App developer- If you have a nark for IT then this should be your capital ground. Start out small by getting client ideas for apps and creating them according to their requirements. In addition to this, you could create amazing and unique applications and sell them to application stores.
10. Web designer- You could design websites for your clients. It could be for business or a simple blog. In this technological era, business and institutions require fully functional websites to help their client base to access them or get information through it.
11. Graphic designer- You could brand items and create logos and designs for companies. Look for big deals such as branding shirts for walks and conferences. Graphic design has many markets, you just have to learn how to brand and market yourself.
12. Soap making- Making soap is so easy. With the right ingredients, you could have varying fragrances and colors. You could then sell this at farmer’s markets or at school fundraisers.
13. Jewelry artistry -Create amazing and unique pieces for your clients. The best part about being a jewelry maker is that customer satisfaction will help you market your skills and increase your client base. You could simply create a piece and go about your business s your work markets itself. In addition to this, you could switch it up by creating custom-made pieces for your clients to fit specific outfits.
14. Vintage cloth seller- It is evident that the fashion trends are slowly tapping into the past ones. You do not even need to start out with a physical shop. You could sell them online through various social media platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, or even Twitter.
15. Farming- Agriculture is very lucrative. People are looking for healthier food options to prevent lifestyle disease like obesity. Start out by growing your products in a small piece of land and with time, you will expand your options to other organic food options. Some areas hold farmer’s markets on weekend. This will be the opportune time to display your products. You could also start your own farmer’s market weekend sale.