What if persuasion wasn’t just down to a person’s “natural charisma”? In Robert Cialdini’s book, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”, he goes over 6 principles of influence and how to use them. This book focuses on seeing persuasion as a skill rather than a natural attribute, thus making it possible for anyone to learn this skill.
The 6 Principles of Influence
- Reciprocity – Give what you want to receive
- Consistency – Active, public, and voluntary commitments
- Social Proof – People rely on and believe others similar to themselves
- Liking – People like those who like them
- Authority – Become an expert and establish your credibility
- Scarcity – As something become scarce, its value increases
The list above contains the 6 principles that are discussed in this book. Also, here is a link to another short summary of the book. I recommend this book especially to anyone involved in a sales funnel.